As I sat here looking through blogs today....blogs to help encourage me in my Christian walk and blogs to help with my desire to dramatically shrink my body...when I came across this blog. Just so anyone reading is aware, this isn't a New Year's resolution, the whole losing weight thing. This is something that I've wanted for a long time. Wanted, then gave up on, then wanted again and gave up yet again. The proverbial yo-yo. This time is different though and I've waited awhile as I started doing this on my own because I figured if I quit (and when did I become a quitter?) no one would know. I'm tired of quitting and this is a way to ask you, each one of you reading, to help me however you feel called to help me reverse my quitting ways.
This post was on Jen's page. As I sat there reading it I started to cry. I would love to be able to say that I've forgotten what it's like to be winded after a few flight of stairs....but I can't and I haven't been able to say that for a very, very long time. So, I'm changing some of the things that she said to fit myself. A way to come back to this anytime I need motivation and remember what it was like when I was at my rock bottom.....never mind, fat bottom.
I want to never forget what it feels like…
to get winded walking up a few flight of stairs.
to get winded walking up a few flight of stairs.
I want to never forget what it feels like…
to loath clothes shopping and heading to the kitchen gadgets instead.
to loath clothes shopping and heading to the kitchen gadgets instead.
I want to never forget what it feels like…
to get rid of smaller clothes because “You’ll never lose the weight”.
to get rid of smaller clothes because “You’ll never lose the weight”.
I want to never forget what it feels like…
to only feel comfortable wearing black.
I want to never forget what it feels like…
to feel guilty after eating.
to feel guilty after eating.
I want to never forget what it feels like…
to feel like I have no control.
I want to never forget what it feels like…
to be ashamed of the wobbly bits that seem to come out of nowhere.
to be ashamed of the wobbly bits that seem to come out of nowhere.
I want to never forget what it feels like…
to be my “fluffy” self.
***To see Jen's original post please follow this link***http://www.priorfatgirl.com/
You go girl. You can do anything!! - Deana
ReplyDeleteI believe in you
ReplyDelete