Jan 1, 2011

New Year Dawning

I sit here….the dawn of a new year and wonder what it will bring.  2010 had its ups and its downs…

2010 started with me deciding to plunge headlong into eHarmony.  I spent my New Year’s Eve at home watching Dick Clark’s Rock-N-Eve, in my pajama’s while sitting on my bed completing a very long eHarmony personality test and profile.  For the first couple of months I would anxiously sign in to see if anyone had written to me.  I’m a “let the guy make the move” type so I didn’t initiate conversations.  It went so well that I talked with two “people” on the site….both of which resulted in actually being fake (yes, fake) accounts.  I know so many people that have met their now spouse off of eHarmony and I still sit here surprised (not to be boastful of myself, you just figure that you would talk to a few people, even if it turned into not being a good fit) that I literally went a year without peaking anyone’s interest.  Ah, online dating is not for you young Grasshopper!  However, my name is not Grasshopper so I decided to try match.com!  I was matched with a guy that I had a crush on.  Nada there either though.  So, maybe my name is Grasshopper…..


2010 led me to built stronger friendships with some of my friends.  My friend SD was struggling with forgiving himself and allowing himself to see himself as God sees him.  So I gave him a white rose to help him remember and not ever forget that he is child of God; white, without blotch or blemish.  I spent many a wonderful hour with DG and her triplet crew.  I fell in love with those little boys and they made (and still do) my heart melt every time I saw them.  I became very involved in 2009 with a foundation for an officer that was killed in the line of duty by a drunk driver.  Because of that I was blessed with a very precious friendship with MR and JR that grew deeper this year.

2010 was the first time I found myself unemployed and having to collect unemployment.  That was a humbling experience.  It was that time though that DG and I became much closer playing with her babies and talking about life.

2010 found me to be pretty sick for a few weeks while I was unemployed.  Being sick though resulted in me losing some weight which I was able to keep off.  For anyone who knows me they know I used to be very thin….then I had a medical malfunction so to speak and gained weight.  That weight I haven’t been able to lose in about seven years.  YAY for sickness!!!  So I don’t have a New Year’s resolution…those never seem to work….however, since I have been able to lose a bit ‘o fluff I’ll continue to work on that and see how it goes.

2010 brought a move and an engagement to my sister!  She will be getting married next October.

2010 had me being asked to launch a ministry.  For anyone who knows me they know this is so far out of my comfort zone.  I’m the observer type…the quiet one…the shy girl…the one who does not like to be the center of attention in any situation.  I’ve always been that way.  Even in high school I wasn’t going to go out for choir because of how the auditions were held.  It wasn’t until Mr. H happened to hear me sing that he did me a favor and had me sing only for him.  People say that “God will never give you more than you can handle”.  I beg to differ.  Launching a ministry proved to be too much to handle.  It ultimately resulted in my leaving that ministry and not setting foot back in any church since.

2010 resulted in me finding a job that; other than the long commute, really is perfect for me.  My day flies by and before I know it, I’m back in the car making the commute home.  I really enjoy what I do, my co-workers and who I work for.  It’s a very nice feeling.

So there you have it!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world.
    2010 is done and now you are heading into 2011 ~ it's gonna be great!

    ReplyDelete